We have made a habit of doing a round-up on network switches because we believe that as you go up, things become more complicated. Buying an 8-port Gigabit switch is a lot easier than getting a 16 or a 24-port option.
That is why in this article, we look at the best 24-port gigabit switches.
The purpose here is to make sure that we have listed all the best possible switches available so you as a reader and potential consumer don’t run into any problems whatsoever. The list is kept short and to the point, so without further ado, let’s look.
Top 5 Best 24 Port Gigabit SwitchTable could not be displayed.
1. NETGEAR 24-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (JGS524) – View On Amazon
We are starting strong with the Netgear JGS524, the actual name being very technical and a mouthful for a lot of people. Netgear as a company should never be a surprise for anyone looking at networking products thanks to their strong history and legacy.
- Plug and play interface for easy connectivity.
- Can be installed in rackmount or put on a desktop.
- Fanless design for the easy, distraction-free workload.
- Passes all the Netgear quality control tests.
While it does look unassuming to the uninitiated, you have to understand that this switch is built like a tank as far as the actual build quality is concerned. Not just that, it ships with all the hardware that you are going to need for mounting, and more importantly, it is very power efficient.
The best thing about this switch for me is how quiet it is. It makes absolutely zero noise during operation, allowing for the best possible experience.
Honestly, at the price you are paying, you are not losing a lot in this switch, to begin with.
If you want something that delivers exceptional performance without costing a lot of money, this is the switch you should be buying.
It is great for both homes and small offices alike, and the plug-and-play nature makes it a great choice for such environments, as well.
- Great performance through and through.
- Quiet operations under all circumstances.
- Great mounting options with hardware provided in the box.
- Simple plug and play.
2. TP-Link Gigabit Switch SG1024S – View On Amazon
TP-Link is not a company that should be left out when we are talking about networking products. They have released some of the finest options for the users, and the TP-Link Gigabit Switch SG1024S is no different.
- 24x 10/100/1000 Mbps RJ45 ports.
- Support for Auto-Negotiation and Auto MDI/MDIX.
- Energy-saving with reduced power consumption.
- IEEE 802.3x flow control for reliable data transfer.
- Easy to install thanks to plugging and play nature.
Simply put, if you are in search of a good network switch that is capable of delivering the performance you want, you are getting a stellar 48 Gbps switching capacity, and you will not need any crossover cables to make this switch work, either.
The switch itself is more than capable of auto-negotiation and stores data based on that and last but not least, it is one of the more affordable options available. There is nothing to dislike about this network switch that can change someone’s decision.
However, I would let you know that there are a few inconveniences when it comes to getting it to hook up. But once you have plugged it in, you will not have any issues.
For anyone who is searching for a good switch with exceptional performance, this is the one that you need to get your hands on.
- You are getting access to a solid 48 Gbps switching capacity.
- You will not be needing any crossover cables for using this switch.
- The auto-negotiate feature is great for storing data properly.
- Great price.
- Setting it up can be a bit difficult for some users.
3. Netgear Gigabit Ethernet Switch GS324 – View On Amazon
Netgear is back once again with another really good offering. The GS324 by Netgear is one of the more affordable switches available in the market that manages to deliver a pretty great performance overall for a more affordable price.
- Unmanaged plug and play configuration.
- Supports desktop, wall mount, or rackmount configurations.
- The fanless design allows for quiet operations.
- Best in class 3-year Netgear warranty.
- Top-of-the-line build quality backed by the Netgear name.
If you are looking for a network switch that brings a flexible nature when it comes to mounting, this is going to deliver on every front. Netgear’s amazing power-saving solution ensures that the switch consumes lesser power, and you are also getting the legendary Netgear warranty we all know and love.
To be honest, I have been using this switch for some time and the only issue that I did notice is that when using Chromecast Ultra, there are some issues when it comes to setting things up.
Overall, the Netgear Gigabit Ethernet Switch GS324 is the switch to get if you are looking for something nice, affordable, and manages to deliver exceptional performance, as well. If you want something that doesn’t disappoint, you are going to get something that does not disappoint.
- Exceptionally well-balanced performance.
- Super easy to use.
- Multiple mounting options.
- Plug and play.
- Some issues when using it with Chromecast Ultra.
4. TRENDnet 24-Port Unmanaged Gigabit GREENnet Desktop Metal Switch – View On Amazon
TRENDnet is another great company in a long list of options that have been in the market for some time now. The good thing about them is that they are known for delivering top-of-the-line products and the TRENDnet 24-Port Unmanaged Gigabit GREENnet Desktop Metal Switch is just a testament to their amazing quality.
- Great performance.
- Provides up to 48 Gbps switching capacity.
- Multiple mounting options that are suited for both desktop and rackmounts.
- Comes with energy-saving that saves power consumption up to 70%.
- Fanless design works for quiet operation and low power consumption.
- Unmanaged plug-and-play interface.
Now the great thing about this particular switch is that it uses several technologies to reduce power consumption by up to 70%. Not just that but it is also one of the more affordable options available in the market.
You are also getting diagnostic LED options for convenience.
TRENDnet has made sure that they are creating an easy-to-use interface thanks to the plug-and-play nature of this network switch which makes it a great option.
Honestly, after spending some time with this network switch, I can readily tell you that the switch works great in almost every regard and you don’t run into any issues, either.
- Great performance.
- The fanless design is great for quiet performance and low power consumption.
- Solid build quality.
- Up to 48 Gbps switching capacity.
- The diagnostic LED feature is something that will help you with your usage.
- None at the given price.
5. Linksys Business LGS124 Rackmount Gigabit Switch – View On Amazon
The last network switch that we have on our list is from Linksys, another well-renowned company that has been responsible for delivering some fine networking components since its inception. The Linksys Business LGS124 Rackmount Gigabit Switch is something you’d want if you are looking for some serious hardware.
- Speeds of up to 1,000 Mbps.
- Auto-sensing ports for convenient usage.
- Quality of Service for traffic prioritization.
- Power-saving features.
- Unmanaged interface for easier usage.
Now, looking at the switch for the first time and you will start realizing that it does not look a lot different in terms of looks or other features. But it is important to understand that most network switches are built with the same purpose, and at times, the same features, as well.
That does not make the LGS124 a bad option by any means. It is great for having in your office or your home as the installation process remains simple and straightforward.
The switch is fully capable of prioritizing the network, so you are always getting excellent performance, and you can transfer and stream high bandwidth files with great ease.
All the ports are auto-sensing, which means that you will not have to worry about the switch consuming more power than it should. As far as the downsides are concerned, I really cannot find any fault in this amazing switch.
- Great performance.
- Auto-sensing ports are incredible to have.
- Easy to install.
- Network prioritizing is great.
- Great for transferring and streaming intensive content.
- None at the given price.
For more detail of this product check out this review Click Here
For anyone who wants to buy a good Gigabit switch for their networking solutions, there is no shortage of good options available. However, I can understand that the process of buying one can be a confusing one. For instance, when you are looking for a switch, there are going to be several options such as different port offerings.
We have covered 8 and 16-port switches in the past, but to add more, you also have the 24-port option that we have talked about in this roundup, and a 48-port option that is upcoming, and making the right decision can be a difficult process for most. We hope this round-up makes it easier for you to figure out what you want.