Most Windows users don’t have any difficulty turning off the PC, but there are several ways to do so that may not be immediately recognizable. The shutdown process in Windows 11 has been slightly altered, but it is still fairly simple.
We’ve compiled a few ways to shut down Windows 11 to help you get used to the new operating system.
Shut Down from The Windows Start Menu
The start button is probably the most common and frequently employed way to turn off Windows. You can shut down your computer in a few simple steps using the button.
- Click on the Start button (located on the taskbar) to open a new window.
- Then click on the Power button on the bottom right corner of the new window.
- Select Shut down from the drop-down menu.
Shut Down Using the Power Button
Make sure you’ve saved any open documents before you turn off your computer or laptop. To begin turning off your computer, press the power button. However, do not hold down the button, as that triggers a forced shutdown that may damage files and cause system troubles.
- To change the way your computer shuts down, follow these steps.
- Click the Start button in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen.
- Look for the Control Panel.
- Select View by: Category on the top right.
- Change to View by: Small icons. Select Power Options in the list.
- Then, go to the left side and select Choose the power button.
- Save changes to the When I press the power button option to Shut down.
Shut Down Using the Alt + F4 Shortcut
You can use the Alt+F4 keys to immediately shut down Windows 11 by skipping most menus and UI effects. Here’s how to execute this option. Open the desktop screen by pressing Alt+F4. Choose Shut down from the dropdown menu.
Press OK to shut down the system. This method only works if no programs or windows are open and visible on the desktop screen. Otherwise, the Alt+F4 command will close that window or application instead.
Shut Down Using the Ctrl + Alt + Delete Menu
From that screen, you can press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to open the task manager or switch users. Then, you can shut down the computer from this screen by following these steps.
- Click the Power button on the bottom.
- Right of the screen to shut down the computer.
Shut Down Using the Power User Menu
Having a couple of Windows 11’s most important features in one place, the power user menu is a hub. You can access the menu and shut down your machine with a few clicks from here. Follow these steps to access the menu.
Click Shut down or sign out on the Start button in the middle of your taskbar. Get More Info…
Best Tech Review and Buyer’s Guide